Burlington offers a variety of winter activities for residents and visitors to enjoy. Some of the best winter activities in the area include:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Although we don’t have any ski hills the area surrounding Burlington is home to several ski hills, including the popular Glen Eden Ski and Snowboard Centre. Glen Eden offers a variety of runs for skiers and snowboarders of all skill levels.
- Ice Skating: Burlington has several ice rinks that are open to the public during the winter months, including Central Park and the very popular outdoor skating rink at Spencer Smith Park. The city also has indoor skating rinks, that offer a warm place to skate.
- Snowshoeing and Cross-Country Skiing: The Royal Botanical Gardens and other parks around Burlington offer groomed trails for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, allowing visitors to enjoy the beauty of nature during the winter months.
- Winter drive: For a relaxing winter adventure once the roads are cleared you can take a drive through the beautiful countryside around Burlington and look at the freshly fallen snow on the trees.
- Winter Festivals and Events: Burlington hosts a variety of winter festivals and events throughout the season, including the Burlington Santa Claus Parade, and the Winter Lights Festival.
- Shopping and Dining: Burlington is home to a wide range of shops and restaurants, so visitors can take a break from the cold and enjoy some indoor activities.
- Bundle up and put on your winter boots and enjoy a walk through a winter wonderland in one of Burlingtons beautiful parks or trails such as Lasalle, kerns cliff park and Lowville.
- Sledding! how could we forget about one of the best winter activities for all ages. Each neighbourhood has big and small hills for you to enjoy.
Overall, there are plenty of things to do in Burlington during the winter, from skiing and skating to festivals and events, visitors can enjoy the winter season in this city.
What is your favourite winter activity to do in Burlington?
Post Your Comment: