Buying and selling at the same time. It’s not for the faint of heart, but my clients do it all the time. And in the end, they’re all smiles! So today, I’m sharing my top tips for maintaining your sanity if you’re staring down both sides of a real estate transaction.
1. Involve an agent in the early stages of buying and selling.
2. Consider options for temporary housing. While the stars may align and you may not need them, a plan for where you’ll go in between selling and buying will smooth the rough edges of the process.
3. Get “paperwork ready” to buy and “house ready” to sell. Before you’re up to your eyeballs in showings on either side, get pre-approved and make any necessary repairs to your home. You don’t want to be scrambling on either.
4. Say yes to seeing “just listed” homes. If your search has stalled, be willing to drop everything when your agent calls with a new listing. The sooner you can put eyes on a home, the sooner you’ll be out of limbo.
5. Trade dollars for a quick closing. It may be worth it so you can step into your forever home as soon as your home closes.
Selling and buying is a big deal, but that’s why I’m here.